FINALLY !, MY HANDS TO THE PLOUGH

I had a second title option when I set out to start this blog; it was "CNeNeh’s Point of View". It would have been a tribute to my friend and big brother Osa Cookey, who actually woke me up to the fact that I had a knack for telling a story in a way noone else could. I remember back in the 90's, in the company of other friends, we would usually have such spirited discussions and arguments about the news and just about every current issue. I recall that particular incident - I am very certain if he gets to read this, he would have a good laugh. We were at it as usual and though I can’t recall what the current topic was, I spoke so spiritedly, marshalling out the facts as I knew them, when all of a sudden Osa shouted Ha! CNeNeh!..we were all literally startled and he just said “men! Sister you dey deliver pass CNN sef”, I remember feeling so bad thinking it was his way of calling me a talkative, but he said I didn’t need to feel bad rather I should see it as a compliment since I told a story in a way that made everyone stop and take notice… And guess what ?
my future husband and then friend Okey was there when it happened and to this day, whenever I tell a story especially my take on it, which usually has a hefty dose of conspiracy thrown in, my closest and dearest
shouts "CNeNeh" . Funny enough, the title I chose to go with, is still a tribute to Osa, because the acronym of my name Ohunene Scott-Ananaba is OSA, which incidentally is the Tag I go by on Social Network platforms, a “name”I have grown to love and which I credit my Pal, Penshid Ibiminji Darego aka “PID” with……To Inya Anazuo, my baby sister whose greatest desire in this world for me is to see my name on the blurb of Bestsellers, trust me when I say the books are still in me..To QB, my SistaDivine, I am holding you to your promise & UDD, Baby steps for me. Much as I have the prerogative to my own POV, I would also love to read as many Point Of views as there are out there on any and every issue, be it mundane, superfluous, cerebral, civil etc…simply all of life as we know it. This blog is an open area so go ahead and have a Point of View. Stay Blessed

Comments

  1. My Love, my Neneh, if yu=ou write, I promise, I will get it into print. Yes, write my love and I will publish...........You first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts