AL MUSTAPHA & SOFOLAHAN CONVICTION: IGNORING THE RULE OF STRATEGIC EXPEDIENCY

Dear Diary, 
I am making this entry after a great deal of thought following the Breaking News of the conviction of Al Mustapha and Sofolahan and the ensuing sentence of Capital punishment. Seriously Diary, without prejudice to the Court’s ruling in the Kudirat Abiola Murder Case against them, a decision I am certain was based on the merits of the case against the two Co-defendants; I can’t help but think that the conviction is ill timed. For what it is worth, I am not trying to insinuate that the decision is a covert design of any kind to inflame sectarian tensions. I am also not out to cast aspersions as to integrity or lack thereof of any
member of the Judiciary; Far be it from me.  
All I can do now, is wonder if the presiding judge had considered the possible outcome of
the decision in the face of surmounting multiplied challenges of the present time. 
All I can hope for, is that by this decision, we do not risk inflaming the wildest wrath of those that will
sooner turn the Country on it's ears.
After all they say “Justice delayed is not Justice denied”, and if justice had been a long time coming for this case as it has been; 18 odd years, would a few more months have mattered? 
In strategy the rule of expedient action cannot be over emphasised.
As usual, this is just MY POINT OF VIEW.......OTBN

Comments

Popular Posts