25yrs, 27yrs, 33yrs or 37yrs, a footballer is a footballer


I don't think I have laughed as hard in ages; the way I did that morning a few days back when the incredulous BB broadcast sarcastically announcing the News that Nigerian Football International Taye Taiwo was celebrating his 25th abi na 27th birthday birthday in faraway England whilst his twin brother Kehinde was simultaneously celebrating his 33rd or was it 37th birthday in Nigeria. 
The issue of Age fraud in sports is not new to us, so it was no surprise that after coming down from my laughter high, I just simply brushed the news away as one of those things concluding that Taue was yet anither age cheat. I found it a little odd though that  Taye "Taiyewo" loosely translated to mean "first to test the world" would be so thick as to throw a party of such magnitude when he had skeletons in his cupboard. Other than that, I felt Taye was good to go;
after all age is "nothing but a number"; and as long as his 33 or is it 37 year old heart was up to muster for the strenous sport of football then good luck to him and honestly whose business was it anyway?  

A twist in the story however changed my opinion of the matter when Taye speaking from his base in the UK vehemently denied the existence of a twin stating that it was common knowledge among families and close friends that his twin sister had died in infancy. No words other than the "sick joke" he calls it, describes the rumour. 
Personally, I wonder what sick motive could have informed the decision to originate such a story in the first place.

Apparently, no one is immune to the PHD (pull him down syndrome) these days.
Pele Taye...E MA BINU JO, just chalk it down as bad belle from people who begrudge your high salary in no less a currency than the queen's crispies.
But come o! just between you and I, TT will you be willing to submit to forensic bone mass investigations to ascertain your age to put all these talk to rest once and for all?
Don't mind me...just expressing my POV..Happy Belated Birthday Ojare.

OSA

Comments

Popular Posts