Stay Strong Steph


If it was just what just based on what was published in the papers and broadcast virally quoting Okotie's announcement to his congregation regarding his decision to discontinue his marriage to his current wife, one would just have let well alone. But stumbling on his estranged wife's comments on social media following the announcement (read excerpts at the end of post)  I couldn’t help but be drawn to what I had already distanced myself from on account of the office Okotie occupies and the implication of such a development for the body of faith. But today's comment from Stephanie accompanied by the picture above, was one comment too many and my heart broke for this woman. Incidentally, this picture is the first I have seen of just her face really, since her features are usually framed by luscious waves of hair. Taking a closer look,
it stirred some sense of foreboding in me. And then it struck me, this lady who had been in the news for the last couple of years as Okotie's wife was no other than pretty, little Adie Henshaw of Edgerly girls Calabar back in the early  80"s. Our parts often crossed at literary days and she was the perennial Lit day pageant girl to my Preppy Debater. Her presence at any lit events always sealed the deal for who the lit queen would be. The only thing that has changed is obviously her complexion, because Adi was as dark as the rest of us. But reading her soul stirring comments, one thing seems not to have changed and that is the sweet girl she was back then. Adie in my opinion could not hurt a fly. Her beauty was most likely her albatross, because being the first thing guys noticed about her, it was usually difficult for her to be perceived as anything more. But she was who she was back then the nicest, kindest of people you have ever met.
Of course no one can hold brief for her or the circumstances of her marriage, but her comments points to a woman in pain; a woman who is yet to wrap her head round the reality of her being ‘’dumped’ in full view of all and sundry and yet still seems to want to save it. A woman who seems set on mending her marriage (but not any cost I hope).. A woman who needs the love and support of all those around her; a woman who should I pray not be abandoned by Parishioners whose life she has been a part of as the spouse of their Pastor.
Seriously above all, I see a woman who I hope would find reason to be reminded of God’s unfailing Love.



Stephanie Okotie Stephanie Henshaw
Stephanie Henshaw Okotie
Stephanie Henshaw Okotie
Stephanie Henshaw okotie

And now you understand why I felt emboldened to comment.
in the meantime; let's all
Stay Rooted

OSA

Comments

Popular Posts