OPEN LETTER TO MR PRESIDENT(2)


All Protocols Observed,

Dear President G. E. Jonathan,

I have watched mouth agape at the Killing Fields that the Nation's once Peaceful Landscape is evolving into and    I have decided to break a self imposed embargo : albeit temporarily: on commenting emotionally on issues of National interest to write you for the second time. And I would appreciate if you refer to my first correspondence to you in 2012 as a preamble to reading this one.

I suppose you are done with it and I can proceed.
You will see that one theme runs the gamut since 2012 to now and that's "Violence". The only difference being the scale of which has progressed to the stuff the plot of action movies are made of.
What irks me is the fact that so many people are falling over each other to defend your acts of omission or commission; and I wonder if you support these silly overtures.

Over the Past weeks i have at various times had to ask myself some questions and still end up with this answer: 
"Take it or Leave it, THE BUCK ENDS WITH THE POTFRON"

I know how tempted I am to join the fray of dogs baying at the moon that is your world; asking that you throw in the towel; but I exercise restraint for the simple reason that from the get go I had always feared the outcome of what a Jonathan Victory portends for Nigeria..  This hypothesis was made in the wake of threats that preceded your victory and a Radio Nigeria Programme I listened to a few weeks back that had Balewa on record saying some damning things about a section of the Country, sealed the deal for me....and behold I reached this inane theory...yes Inane for various reasons " As long as Jonathan is in Power, the Nation shall know no peace" ....it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know this. But it takes a person of faith to know that the theories of men do not necessarily add up if The Almighty God says differently.

Even with all the military might being deployed, there are things you can't control and top on that list is the Real Agenda of whosoever is leading your offensive. I am in no way questioning the efficiency of the top brass at the helms of affair but its no secret Sir, that even the most sophisticated military tactical manoeuvres take into consideration the existence of "Enemies Within" and act accordingly.

Another thing you can't control is the extent of the onslaught...the menace itself has reached levels of sophistry that from the look of things overwhelm our forces (my POV).

And you certainly can't control the Outcome no matter how much the Viziers make you believe you can by acting TOUGH and by so doing alienating the people that can cry along with you. How convenient it has become for them to want you to view every thing in terms of the opposition and not the presence of 5Th Columnists in our Fold. And if memory serves me correctly this APC/PDP Imbroglio is pretty recent.

I pray you embrace the example of that King of Israel on the wall of the City who admitted to the woman who cried out to him for help that he also needed help....from no less a Personality than GOD.

Fortunately Mr President, you can definitely control certain variables and top of the list is your response in the face of terror. I daresay I am disappointed that you have not displayed the Emotional Quotient Premium expected from You at a time like this.
Showing your vulnerability doesn't make you any less Presidential.
My friend and brother Amaechi Kelechi Justin has had a burden for military families and the monumental losses they have suffered since this campaign against terror began. I plead with you Sir, let them not have died in vain.......Let the thousands that have been chalked off as Collateral Damage so far in this senseless onslaught not be remembered as mere statistics.

I won't bother with rehashing the various instances in the past few weeks that your Actions, body language and comments  attributed to you have left me stupefied; I would simply say "LET WHATEVER TIME YOU HAVE LEFT, COUNT FOR SOMETHING" 

I am and still remain an avid supporter of the Transformation Agenda and have pledged to sink or swim with this ship much to the Chagrin of my buddies Arugha Etuwewe  and Peter Igure. Notwithstanding I must confess I am not much of a Fan at the moment and I seek that you restore my confidence...One way of doing this is by donning on the cap of the C-in-C and use every conceivable Tool of the "By any means necessary" Code......Forget the costs to 2015 ambition and just do whatever needs to be done no caring whose Ox is gored...2015 isn't guaranteed anybody especially when today isn't guaranteed.

We aren't an easy people to please but you already knew that when you took the Oath to "Serve and Protect" and today I join millions to demand this of you.

I took in a breathe of Fresh Air in 2011 and WAITING TO EXHALE...

Yours Faithfully,
stay Rooted
OSA


Comments

Popular Posts